Saturday, November 30, 2013

CALLING IT APARTHEID AT LEAST, ETHNIC-CLEANSING...


After hearing Mustafa Bargouti last night and his powerful presentation, I felt enraged towards the Israeli authorities for the level of control and violence they use to keep the "peace".  It left me devastated and angry.  The graphic nature of the presentation and the precision of the information left no doubt of the evil intent of the authorities to ethnic cleanse what is left of the OPT.  Unlike Daoud's presentation which always about hope, while Bargouti did indicate his continued dedication to non-violent resistance, and BDS in particular, Daoud's presentation encouraged me.  I left last night feeling no hope in our ability to change the balance of power which seems to be the obstacle for a solution.

The choice I have now is either to retreat or continue to narrow what I can do.  I might even drop the idea of visiting the kibbutz, and going to the Negev, and return to Bethlehem and TON.   I already know about the horrible plight of the Bedouins and the possibility of the Kibbutz/village being about normalization rather than true co-existance.

No comments: