Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A day in the City of Jerusalem

We walked around the old city today, and several places were new for me including the pools of Bethesda. A special moment came when we as a group took our turn singing in the Byzantine church of St. Ann's. We sang some hymns together in the 800 year old church nearby the the healing waters where Jesus was believed to have healed. I just happened to have one of my harps with and the accoustics were truly amazing. It was a shared moment, as we were joined in the end by some thirty Koreans, also Presbyterians. I will cut my report some tonight, as I must move on to hear Romi ElaHonen talk about the bereaved parents association. His voice is a powerful one around the issue of suffering, as he has given the most with the lost of his daughter by a suicide bomber. Love, bill

2 comments:

David Walrath said...

Hi Mr. Plitt,
What a thrill it must be for you to be in Jerusalem. I loved reading about you playing the harp in the old city. I wish I could have been there to hear it. I hope you brought your harmonica and guitar, too. Well, stay safe over there and I'll keep reading about your travels.
Love,
David

Bill said...

Hi David,

SO good of you to write. I left my guitar at home, but wish I had it.

It continues to be an amazing experience. Will be spending some timewith families this weekend which should be interesting. Bill